Women typically have this surgery in order to improve their quality of life by reducing pain or discomfort in the back, shoulders, or neck, or to correct cosmetic issues, like sagging, due to large breast size.
Is Breast Reduction Right for Me?
There are many reasons a woman considers breast reduction surgery – one of the main reasons being that the patient wants a permanent, long-term solution to problems caused by uncomfortably large breasts. If you suffer from any of the following conditions, breast reduction may benefit you:
- If the size of your breasts is causing physical pain, or making it difficult to perform everyday tasks such as exercising or even sleeping
- If you suffer from breast sagging, asymmetry or downward-pointing nipples, often referred to as pendulous breasts
- If you are self-conscious or unhappy with the size of your breasts
- If your posture is negatively affected by the weight of your breasts
- If you experiences rashes or skin irritation in the skin underneath your breasts
If you consistently suffer from any of these conditions outlined above, we suggest you schedule a consultation with Dr. Buchanan to discuss the possibility of a reduction and the added benefits it could bring to your life.