A blepharoplasty can provide many benefits for a patient, but it is important to set realistic goals and expectations for the outcome of the procedure. You may be a good candidate for eyelid surgery if you’re experiencing any of the following:
– Eyelid puffiness
– Eyelid drooping that impairs vision
– Heavy or excess bags under the eyes
– Deep wrinkles or grooves in the eye area
We also recommend that patients considering the procedure be:
– Free of medical eye conditions such as glaucoma or dry eye. This procedure may make the symptoms of those conditions worse.
– Healthy and nonsmokers. If you smoke, most plastic surgeons will ask that you stop smoking entirely, or stop smoking six weeks prior to your procedure, as well as six weeks post-operation.
– Realistic about their goals and the outcome of the procedure
If you believe you are a good candidate for a blepharoplasty based on the qualifications outlined above, we suggest you schedule a consultation with Dr. Buchanan to discuss the possibility of a blepharoplasty and the added benefits it could bring to your life.